About Me

My photo
Born in Strathclyde, Scotland in 1963. Educated at Salford University - BSc (Hons) in Psychology and Geography, bit of a mixture I know, but why not. Talking of mixtures my career has been a little on the varied side as well. Eveything from Barman to Company Director to 3rd Mate with Blue Star to Design Engineer and now Author.

Largs Pier & Great Cumbrae in Distance

Largs Pier & Great Cumbrae in Distance
Bit further than I remember...

Friday 17 May 2013

Amazon reduced my Sales Figures to almost Zero


Complaint to Amazon – Loss of Sales to almost Zero

Poor service received from Amazon over the past six to eight months.

It would appear that each and every month Amazon change something on the product page for my book ‘Sailing Solo Alone’. And each and every change results in loss of sales for my E-book.

The changes involve: Removing good review; Removing Like Ticks; Leaving Poor (slanderous/Advertising) Reviews; Selling Paper back and promptly labelling it ‘Unavailable’; Removing the book from sale due to Formatting problems; Reducing the number of pages from 184 to 74 (estimated); Lending Not Allowed; Allowing the Paperback version to be displayed before the E-book version. And these are only the things I know about…

Estimated loss of book sale = 2920 (pa)

Estimated loss of earnings to Author   = £3850 (pa)

Estimated loss of earnings to Amazon = £2050 (pa)

The whole thing is a complete and utter disgrace and made worse as there is no course of redress for these detrimental actions taken by Amazon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment